Walpole Site Base Meeting - January 2, 2013
In Attendance: Lorraine Brooks, Jackie Ronning, Lil DeCoste, Sarah Manning, Denise Presutti, Jen Fabis, Glenn Elsesser, Jen Palmiotto, Sarah Cahill, Wendy Whiton, Molly Sheldon and Sam Jacobs
Public Forum - No business
Budget Hearing - January 14, 2013, 5:30pm meeting at the high school library. We discussed what action the site base would take.
Lil DeCoste suggested explaining that a position would be cut next year from Walpole. State funding loss has precipitated this event. Sam would like the Site Base to consider speaking to parents explaining that a reduction in state funding caused a loss of district revenue. The budget is actually down for Walpole, but taxes will rise due to state funding loss. The cutting of the teacher will be in the smaller population class – we have several low enrollment classes, and it has yet to be determined which position. Cutting this teacher position will reduce the tax impact. Yet Sam and Lil want taxpayers to understand this.
1. Budget Hearing January 14, 5:30pm FMRHS
2. Deliberative Session February 7 at 6:30 FMRHS
By-Laws – 2nd reading after changes from 12/12/12 Approved
1. Pre-K - Sam will meet with committee to discuss, space/special need, staff, curriculum, cost per student, and others. Sam wants to work closely with town (funding and programs) research needed.
2. After School Program – YMCA would like to extend to NH; we would have an agreement to use school facility. Site Base would like a presentation at the next meeting.
3. 2-Year Progress Report – NEASC-- Sam wants to share this, it will be emailed to all members. 1/10/13 meeting with staff and is open to Site Base members.
4. Common Core – New Curriculum structure testing, Common Core explained March 20 – FMRHS – All Site Base Meeting at the high school with business leaders to go over Common Core.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 7pm.
Adjourned at 8:07pm.